Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Stories of a 9-1-1 dispatcher.

Dispatcher: 9-1-1 what is your emergency?

Caller (Elderly Lady): Yes, I'm over here at the (talking to someone else: what is this place again?), surgery waiting area and I'm supposed to have an ultrasound done, and I need to know where to go from here.

Dispatcher: I don't know ma'am, this is 9-1-1 and emergency line.

Caller: Well this is an emergency I need to know where to go.

Dispatcher: (Noticing the lady is calling from Moffitt hosiptal phone number), is there a staff member there with you?

Caller: Well he walked away, but there is a lady right here beside me, I guess she'll talk to you.

Dispatcher: Ok

Staff Member: Hello?

Dispatcher: Yes, this is 9-1-1 emergency and.....

Staff Member Interupts: Oh, I'm sorry she must have dialed the wrong number.  (Hangs up)

No comments:

Post a Comment