Thursday, March 31, 2011

Today At Work!

OMG!  Today at work we had some severe thunder storms and even tornados in the area.  We as the police department for a university put out an alert for the tornado warning that was issued so everyone would be informed to stay in doors.  After that alert went out, our phones lit up with calls from students, "Are classes cancelled?", and parents, "should my son/daughter stay home?", and from staff, "What are the loud speakers saying I don't understand them." 

A few hours after that passed, we got another bad storm come through, but luckily no tornado warnings.  I'm busy typing away at my computer work station when all of the sudden, a loud sparking noise occurrs right behind my 9-1-1 console.  I screamed, my co-worker pushed her chair back from the desk and I was calling over the radio for an officer to come in dispatch to check things out.  My co-worker said she felt something on her arms.  She said it was something like the static electricity you would feel from a balloon.  No smoke or fire broke out.  We called in the I.T. person who checked out the electrical stuff, and everything was working properly.  Except for the dispatchers who were patting down their hair.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment